[ YAESU ]
VX-8GR – A Devoted APRS® User Dual Band Version of the VX-8R Series of Handheld
• Full 5 watts FM 144/430 MHz.
• RX 108-999.90 MHz
• GPS unit included with radio!
• Water spray resistant – meets IPX5 – 3 feet for minimum of 30 minutes.
• 7.4 V 1100 mAh Lithium Ion battery included. 1800 mAh LI Battery & 3 x AA battery case optional.
• Small (2.4” x 3.7” x 1.1”) without knob & antenna
• Simultaneous independent 2-signal dual receive function. Both V + V or U + U
• Weather receiving with Weather Alert.
• Dot matrix LCD display provides up to 16 character Memory tags, High-resolution Spectrum Analyzer with ±50 channels indication, Wave monitoring of received/modulated signal.
• DCS and CTCSS ENC/DEC included.
Key Addional APRS® Features of the VX-8GR include:
• APRS® 1200/9600 bps data communication (B band only).
• Smart Beaconing ™ Function: When using APRS® for position tracking, the beacon timing is automatically adjusted to your traveling speed and location to plot a smoother trace to match your position and movement on a map.
• The number of Station List memories increased to 50.
• The number of APRS Message memories increased to 30.
• DIGI-PATH route indication function: The APRS® Packet data includes Digipeater routing info.
• Heads up compass display to the GPS Screen: Traveling direction is always toward top of the display.
• The Message received LED flashing rate is selectable.
• The number of DIGI-PATH route settings is increased to 7.
The VX-8GR APRS®/GPS Handheld Transceiver is a Dual Band version of the VX-8DR. The VX-8GR includes most of of the solid features and specifications found in the VX-8DR, plus a built in GPS and new expanded APRS® capabilities to meet the needs of even the most active APRS® user.
Measures a mere 2.4″W x 3.7″H x 01.9″D without knob and antenna for comfortable in the palm use.
Heavy Duty & Tough
Ultra rugged polycarbonate resin front panel with aluminum die-cast chassis. Fully ruggedized and waterproof to meet IPX5 design. Perfect for extreme sports and outdoor use.
5 Watts High Power for Hours
Enjoy up to 5 hours operation on 144/430 MHz with the supplied FNB-101LI Lithium-ion Battery. The optional FNB-102LI High Capacity Lithium-ion Battery will provide up to 8.5 hours on 144 MHz and 8 hours on 430 MHz.
GPS & Data Terminal Included
GPS and Data Terminal included with radio.
Large Dot Matrix Display
The large LCD Display shows everything needed for your advanced operations, including the main and sub-band frequencies, operating mode and S-meters. It is very easy to scroll through the set menu items to check the previous settings and make new selections as well.
Wideband Receive Capability
108 MHz – 999.9000 MHz (A band). In addition to Amateur Radio, listen to aircraft, public service channels, etc. US Cell frequencies are blocked.
Huge Memory Channel Capability
Enjoy 1,327 memory channel management capability
Real Dual Ham Band Operation (V+V/U+U/V+U)
With two independant Amateur band recievers, listen to either the same or different bands simultaneously.
Integrated APRS Operation
APRS ® allows you to communicate your location to other APRS® stations with your location, speed, and heading displayed on your radio! The VX-8GR supports 1200/9600bps APRS ® data communications (B band only). Access the worldwide standard APRS® system to exchange your positions and messages. When you receive signals and information from other APRS stations, the VX-8DR displays their positions, heading directions, messages, distances, icons (43 available), weather information, object etc.
*APRS® is a registered trademark of Bob Bruninga WB4APR
Heads-Up Compass Display on the GPS Screen
Your traveling direction is always toward the top of the display
Smart Beaconing ™ Function
When using APRS® for position tracking, the beacon timing is automatically adjusted to your traveling speed and location to plot a smoother trace to match your position and movement on a map. SmartBeaconing™ from HamHUD Nichetronix is able to modify its own beacon rate in response to the motion of the vehicle that carries. Since the APRS network has limited bandwidth, SmartBeaconing™ transmits an optimal amount of position information with a minimal amount of QRM to other network users – making VX-8DR users some of the most “efficient” on the network.
Read more about this very useful feature at http://www.hamhud.net/hh2/smartbeacon.html
External Data Jack
External Data Jack included for other data communications.
DIGI-PATH Route Indication Function
The APRS® Packet data includes Digipeater routing information
Built-in CTCSS/DCS Encode/Decode
The built-in CTCSS/DCS encode/decode capability enables selective call features for the A and B Band individually.
Enhanaced Paging Code System
Place a call to an individual member of your group using the VX-8GR Enhanced Paging Code System.
Auto-Ranging Transponding System
Includes Yaesu’s original Auto-Ranging Transponding System ( ARTS ) that provides audio and/or visual confirmation that another ARTS-equipped station is within communication range.
Emergency Automatic ID Sytem
Your VX-8GR will come complete with Yaesu’s Emergency Automatic ID System and Emergency Strobe/Beep and Busy Strobe LED functions
Vibrate Message Alert
Chose a Vibrate Pattern from three styles to give an alert signal on message and bell ringer reception.
Easy Access to WIRES-II
Access to WIRES-II Internet Linking System DTMF fucntion.
CW Training Feature
Practice copying the Morse code with your VX-8GR
You must be logged in to post a comment.